Thursday, October 28, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Days 14, 15, 16 & 17

Ugh, wow! My goal of staying on top of my 30 days of truth did not work out this weekend (Tues-Thurs). So, here I go again with a make-up; completing days 14, 15, 16 & 17.


Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
    Hmmm, again with the letter thing.  I'm just going to tell a story.  I had a person I looked up to when I first started working in law enforcement.  This was back when I was very naive, which is how everyone is when they first start.  I looked up to this person, as s/he was my superior and had always taught me so many things.  Well, I knew a little about this person's family life; he was married and had at least 1 son.  Low and behold how disappointed I was when I saw him one day holding hands with another woman.  I knew this person wasn't his wife because it was another person who worked with us.  I was devastated.  I had trusted this person. 
     Well, I've gotten over it.  I've learned that almost all police officers cheat on their spouses (someday I'll write a book about my theories on why this happens).  I still consider this person a "hero" and truly wish I still worked with him.  God says we're not supposed to judge others; that's up to Him.  So I'm not going to judge why he did what he did.

Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
     Hmmm, I can't think of anything that I've tried living without.


I guess the only thing that I can think of is my job.  That's sad to say.  


     When I was attending college, I worked at the University Police Department as a student assistant and court liaison.  I processed reports, took them down to the District Attorney's Office, I unlocked doors for professors, etc.  Well, I had to quit at one point because I needed to make more money to be able to pay for college.  So I left and got a full-time job doing technical customer service for Cidco (the original caller ID company).  Well, I missed working for the police department SO much.  I eventually left my normal full-time job and went back to temporarily being a Student Assistant while I waited for my background to be completed for a full-time 911 dispatcher position at the University Police Department.  I eventually got the full-time job, was able to finish obtaining my degree at almost next to nothing cost wise and now, 10 years later, I'm still a 911 dispatcher.

Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.


     I'm sure I could live without any one of my guilty pleasures; pizza, ice cream, scrapbooking accessories, etc.

Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
     I recently read 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life by Cami Walker.  It truly was an inspiring book.  Cami is battling MS and instead of dwelling on the pain and issues she's experiencing, she gets some advise to give 29 gifts in 29 days.  She takes charge of this challenge and truly comes out feeling better on the other side.  I'm not certain if I would be up for this challenge, but I believe I understand the overall meaning of the book.


Ok, again, I'm going to try really hard to keep on top of my postings for 30 days of Truth.  I only have 15 days left; I'm half way done!

No comments:

Post a Comment